things i started doing in 2017 that i want to continue in 2018...
- work out: i started working out 4-5 days a week in october. last week was the first time that i skipped all of my workouts. i also ate every christmas cookie in sight and have zero regrets about it. i'm ready to get back into the swing of things.
- wake up earlier on the weekends: i'm up by 7 for work during the week, usually by 7:30 on the weekends. i like this habit. i feel like i get the most out of my day!
- let go of my boiling animosity towards instagram: kind of a joke, but also not a joke. it's not going back to the algorithm you miss dearly. it's infiltrated with bots. i started letting go of these feelings around thanksgiving. i started posting actual moments and not caring if the posts were perfect. i also started to remember why i liked this app in the first place.
- drink more tea: just bought 3 new boxes today. bam.
- put myself in uncomfortable positions socially: grace created a group to help her readers connect and meet up with each other in their respective cities. it's really difficult for me to put myself out there to a group of people i don't know, but i've already gone to 2 meet-ups and had a great time. looking forward to more in 2018.
new things to tackle in 2018...
- cut my hair more frequently: over the past 10+ years i've gotten one (maybe two) haircuts each year. i've already started pulling inspiration for my next cut and will make an appointment this week.
- get organized/clean things out: i'm pretty good at both of these things but need to do them more frequently. maybe install a "for every thing i bring home, discard 2 items" kind of rule. also a trip to target for storage boxes is totally in order.
- take more photos: for memories. not because i want to share it on a social media platform.
- take better care of my skin: sunblock, moisturizer, exfoliation, facials. all of it.
- floss my teeth: will this be the year this habit finally sticks??
- blog more: hey, this post is a start!