my skin used to freak out seasonally. i would spend weeks trying to get it under control, only for it to derail again when the weather started to turn warmer or cooler.
over the past year i've discovered two products–one for the face, the other for the body–that have completely altered how i care for my skin.
FRESH SEABERRY FACE OIL
guys, this face oil is the ultimate skincare game changer. use it by itself or mix in a few drops with your AM/PM moisturizer.
- it absorbs into the skin beautifully, and if you wear makeup, your foundation will blend in like a dream.
- the scent? heavenly. to die for.
- please don't be afraid of this product if you have oily skin! oil + oil = happy, balanced skin. your face will not turn into a greasy slip-n-slide. trust me.
- i would also highly recommend this product if you deal with hyperpigmentation or acne scarring. there are plenty of things going on in my life that cause me to break out (diet! stress!), and dealing with spots leftover from breakouts is the wooooooorst. i'm planning on doing a post about the products that have helped me get my cystic acne under control, but this oil really nourishes the skin and helps improve texture and scarring.
- the price is a little steep. however, i've been using the same bottle for over a year and i just purchased a back up.
CERAVE MOISTURIZING CREAM
on the other end of the skincare spectrum, we have this drugstore moisturizer. is it glamorous? nope. but you know what's also not glamorous? dry and itchy skin. all over your body.
- i've had a tough time with body moisturizers in the past because there was always a gross film left behind on my skin. this one absorbs into the skin so easily. better than any moisturizer i've ever used before.
- i'll admit that i hate moisturizing during the winter. i do it after my shower when i'm already cold and just want to throw on some sweats and relax. ignore these instincts. spend 2 minutes moisturizing and your skin will be so soft. you can do it!
- this might be tmi, but... i have really mild psoriasis. it's usually a constant problem throughout the winter and i've barely had to deal with any flare-ups at all since i started using this product last fall.
- you can find this moisturizer at most drugstores for $12-$16. i go through a large jar each month and i plan on repurchasing it forever and ever.